Pros and Cons: Hotel Stays Versus Airbnb
Advice from Toronto’s Favourite Airport Limo Service
With the growing popularity of Airbnb, a lot of people think that the days of getting off your flight and heading straight to the hotel are over. The Airbnb has become the go-to for travellers, but is it really the best option? When you are booking your next trip, it can be difficult to decide. Here is a list, created by the airport limo service experts at AirFlight Services, of pros and cons to help you decide what’s best.
Hotels: The Old Classic
- Pro: Convenient locations – If you want to stay close to the airport or be in the heart of downtown, hotels are usually strategically placed to be in the best location for a traveller’s plans.
- Con: Costly – The average price for a hotel is usually a fair bit more expensive than other options. Plus, there are sometimes additional fees and charges if you take anything from the in-room fridge. If money is tight, hotels might not be a wise choice.
- Pro: Quality service and standards – It is safe to assume that even the cheapest hotel will offer a certain standard in quality and services. From room cleaning and laundry services to more luxurious options, hotels will almost always be ahead of the competition on this.
- Con: Limited choice – Especially if you are on a tight budget, your options with a hotel are going to be limited. One budget room is not going to be that different from the next, which means there is not a lot of choices when it comes to what kind of accommodation to stay in.
Airbnb: The New and Different
- Pro: A wide variety – Whether you are looking for a luxurious apartment or just a bed to sleep in for the night, Airbnb will probably have something for you or your party. The variety of options and places to stay is unmatched and offers a diverse range of options and styles.
- Con: Inconsistent location – What we said about hotels being strategically located doesn’t always apply here. With Airbnb, you will probably have to settle for a room that is almost where you want it to be, rather than in that perfect spot. It can also be difficult
- Pro: Cheaper – If your budget is tight, Airbnb is your best bet. Their prices are usually significantly lower than hotels and offer more options for less money.
- Con: Service and standards – Don’t count on room service or daily cleaning. The standards of service for an Airbnb room vary considerably and are usually far more hands-off than a hotel’s standards.
Wherever you decide to stay, you need a comfortable and reliable transportation service for getting there from the airport and returning in time to make your next flight. AirFlight Services offers you a wide range of luxurious solutions that make getting wherever you need to go, easy, and stress-free. We also offer sightseeing services for those looking to tour the city.