Arrive in Style to the Toronto Pan Am Games
This year, Toronto is the proud host of the summer 2015 Pan Am Games. There will be some glorious gold-medal firsts, but some non-athletic records are also about to be broken. The games are the first ever fully carbon neutral and environmentally friendly games. We’re big supporters of that podium-deserving position, and that’s why we’re gearing up to serve as a Pan Am game transportation keystone. In fact, the Toronto 2015 organizing committee isn’t providing any general parking for the events, meaning public transit is going to be congested and pre-arranged airport transportation in Toronto is going to be more important than ever.
Beginning with the July 10 opening ceremonies at the Rogers Centre Pan Am Dome and running through until July 26, Toronto will be host to over 7,000 athletes, 250,000 visitors and 4,000 members of the media. Take note: that’s a lot of people who’ll be using Pearson Airport limos and taxis. The Parapan Am Games will run from August 7 to 15. Add 20,000 volunteers hosting and helping with cultural and sports events, and that makes for one busy summer in Toronto this year.
Sports competitions will be held at 30 venues in and around Toronto and satellite cultural shows, grouped under the banner PANAMANIA, will feature performers from all over the Americas in venues downtown Toronto and across the city.
Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games Firsts
- For the first time, 45 percent of the participating athletes will be women.
- The opening ceremonies, produced and performed by Cirque de Soleil, will be the company’s largest event ever.
- The Toronto Parapan Am Games, in their sixteenth year, will be the biggest to date, with 1,600 para-athletes from 28 countries participating in 15 sports.
Tips for Arriving in Style at the Games & Cultural Events
- Get event ticket information through the games website, at www.toronto2015.org.
- Reserve a Toronto airport limo for your arrival and departure. Because there will be no event-sponsored general parking, it is recommended that you avoid renting a car or driving into the city.
- Public transit will be in heavy use at this time, so plan your transportation schedule to and from events accordingly. AirFlight Services offers airport limo taxis not only for airport transportation, but also sightseeing, corporate, and special events which makes us the perfect choice for travelling to and from the games.
Don’t Let the Word “Limo” Fool You
Our large fleet of Lincoln sedans does transport VIPs, corporate executives and celebrities to and from their exclusive engagements in Toronto, but our airport limos offer the same standards of service at taxi-company rates for every traveller. To have one of our luxurious airport taxis deliver you to Pan Am Games events in Oakville, Markham or any other corner of the GTA, call us or make your reservation online.