Air-Travel Survival Guide: The Long-Haul Flight
Top 5 Tips for Making It Through - from Toronto’s Favourite Airport Limo Service
The long-haul flight is thought of by most as a test of human strength and conviction that belongs on a list with challenges like tax audits, funerals and climbing mountains. Unless you are willing to put up the money for first class, you will be in for a very long flight with not enough leg room, uncomfortable seats, and mediocre food. But there are ways to make the journey a little more bearable. So, our airport transportation experts at AirFlight Services have compiled a list of our top 5 tips for making it through your long flight:
- Bring headphones - The headphones they sell on airplanes are terrible, giving you poor sound quality and you susceptible to all outside noises. They are also uncomfortable if you wear them for more than an hour. Bringing your own is a must and it can help you get out of unwanted conversations with the people sitting next to you. If you want absolute silence, consider noise-cancelling headphones, which are also perfect for getting some quiet sleep.
- Neck pillow – Nothing is worse than waking up from your nap on the flight with a stiff neck. It may look ridiculous but bringing a neck pillow can mean the difference between sleeping terribly and sleeping well on a flight.
- Bring your own food and drinks – Airplane food is notorious for being overpriced and usually, mediocre. Especially on a long flight, staying well-fed and hydrated will be key to making it through, which is why its always smart to buy food and something to drink after you have gone through airport security. You will have more choices and they will probably taste much better.
- In-flight entertainment – There is no guarantee you are going to like the entertainment that the airline is offering, which is why it is always smart to bring a laptop or tablet that has some shows and movies already downloaded on it, as well as a book to read. Having a few different things to keep you occupied will help pass the time and keep you going if you get bored.
- Book a car for when you land – After several hours on a long flight and more time spent waiting at luggage claim, the last thing you want to be doing is taking public transportation or trying to claim a taxi. That is why it is always better to book an airport taxi or limo service ahead of time, so that when you land, it is one less thing to worry about.
AirFlight Services is proud to provide the highest quality transportation to and from Toronto’s Airports. Our luxurious vehicles and experienced, highly-trained chauffeurs are on hand to make sure that once you have landed, the rest of your journey is easy and stress-free. And for those visiting Toronto for the first time, we offer sightseeing tours to show you the best that our city has to offer.
Get to and from the airport with ease by hiring AirFlight Services. Contact us for a free quote, book online today or call 800-268-6843 to learn about our Pearson airport limo services.