How to Ensure Stress-Free Airport Checks
Airport security checks are procedures that all passengers must go through in order to board a plane.
To avoid the hassle of unnecessary private checks or losing belongings inside your carry-on bag, you need to first understand what is and is not allowed in your luggage, and know how to pack a carry-on bag properly.
Packing Your Carry-On
You are permitted a carry-on bag, but that bag must only contain permitted items. To ensure you have your bag packed properly, make sure that you:
- Do not bring any aerosols, gels or liquids that are not packaged in containers of 3.4 ounces or less. Containers must be transparent, closed and placed in a resealable plastic bag.
- Package medicines, baby formula or breast milk conveniently so that they can be removed easily for inspection.
- Pack your laptop so that it is easy to remove for inspection.
- Keep your receipt for any duty-free items you purchase while on airport grounds so that you can show airport security they were purchased on-site.
- Do not pack any sharp objects or anything that can be used as a weapon; including sporting equipment, knives, etc.
Tips for a Stress-Free Walk through Airport Security
As you wait in line for your check with airport security, be prepared to remove your items and place them in bins to get through the line faster. Some ways to prepare yourself include:
- Not wearing any belts or clothing items with large metal buckles - these will set off the metal detector and create a delay in your security check.
- Dress comfortably and wear easy-to-remove shoes and coats so that you can go through the security checkpoint.
- Limit the jewelry you wear to small earrings, watches, wedding bands or engagement rings, and eyeglasses.
- Avoid wearing bobby pins or other metal objects in your hair - these may set off the metal detector as well.
- Have your 1 L bag of gels, liquids or aerosols packed and ready to remove and place in the bins.
To make your flight less stressful, consider booking a Pearson airport limo service. A professional limo service will greet you at your destination and take you to your hotel, so that after a tiring flight and long lines in security, you do not have to deal with the stress and hassle of traffic. You can also use a limo service to take you to the airport, ensuring that you arrive on time and without the hassles of returning a rental car.
AirFlight Services is your trusted Pearson airport limo company. We offer drop-off and pick up services to make your travel a little less stressful and a lot more comfortable. Call us at 800‑268‑6843 to book your service or contact us online with your questions. You can also make an online booking.